LLC Annual Report Business Services
- Domestic and foreign limited liability companies may expedite the filing of the Annual Report electronically.
- An LLC Annual Report cannot be filed electronically if the LLC has been administratively dissolved or revoked; has withdrawn or terminated; has expired; has more than eight managers; is authorized to establish series; or must execute the report through the use of layered signatures or by power of attorney.
- When filing an LLC Annual Report electronically, companies may report changes to the address of the principal place of business and the names and/or addresses of the managers andany member with the authority of manager (up to a total of eight).
- When filing an LLC Annual Report electronically, companies may NOT report changes to the name, duration, purpose or the name of the registered agent or the address of the registered office.
- A separate filing of form LLC-1.36/1.37 is required to report a change in the name of the registered agent and/or the address of the registered office.
- An annual report not filed within 60 days of the due date requires payment of the late filing penalty mandated by Section 50-15 of the Limited Liability Company Act.
- An LLC Annual Report filed electronically will be considered an original filing even if an earlier paper version was submitted and then returned by the Secretary of State for revisions. Therefore, in addition to the filing fee any penalty incurred as of the current date must be paid at the time of filing.
- Payment must be made using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- Payment of all fees due is required during the electronic filing process.
- Required fees to file the annual report electronically also include an additional $50 expedited fee.
- If payment is ultimately denied, the Annual Report filing is void and company is placed in delinquent status.
For more information, please call 217-524-8008, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (central time). PDF files of all forms pertaining to the filing requirements of the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act, are available by visiting the Publications section.